Developing Entrepreneurial Science
Our mission is to empower science innovators to advance their ideas from concept to viable first product, positioning them for broad societal impact in the long term.
Our Fellowship Program
- We recruit entrepreneurial scientists and engineers who are determined to drive their research to the doorstep of the market.
- We empower these innovators with the credibility and resources to make rapid progress translating their ideas to a viable product, including a two-year fellowship, access to world-class research facilities and expertise, and a program of training, mentorship, and networking tailored to support the challenges of technology innovation.
- We position our fellows for market penetration and broad societal impact by enabling them to identify the optimal path to market for their technology across a broad spectrum of commercialization models. Many of our innovators look beyond the traditional venture capital community, finding stronger alignment with strategic investors, angel investors, large corporations, or even philanthropy.
Cyclotron Road was the first fellowship program in DOE’s Lab Embedded Entrepreneurship Program. Cyclotron Road is funded through the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office (AMMTO) in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE).
Our fellows are funded by many EERE offices, including:
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office
- Industrial Efficiency and Decarbonization Office
- Building Technologies Office
- Geothermal Technologies Office
As well as:
- The Federal Emergency Management Program
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Activate, our non-profit partner in the entrepreneurial training and support of our fellows.
We are very appreciative of our supporters who work with us to move entrepreneurial science forward.